Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why so long?

Yes, I know. I haven't posted in a while. I'm lame.

The past few months have been crazy.
I had my car stolen...then found again.
I played in another benefit concert (nerves were at about a 6).
And I took a trip to Florida and caught a tarpon.

Plenty of stuff to post on, but I think the winds were taken from my sail after the car was stolen. You see, the thieves took the car and then left it about 2 miles from where I live in DC. They hardly damaged the car outside of a cigarette burn on the front passenger seat. The one thing they did get, however, was my digital camera (my inspiration and memory jogger).

I don't know what hurt more, the thought of how much it cost or the feeling like I had let down a friend. I was in charge of its protection and well being and I failed. The same sentiments extend to the car. The truth is I think I accidentally left it unlocked. In addition, I had a spare key in the glove compartment because I had somehow thought of a scenario where that could be helpful. It was...to the thieves. At least they didn't have to smash in the ignition to get the car started. Nonetheless, I let the camera and my car down as their protectors and I won't even mention the volleyball and camp chair that were never recovered as well.

I can do better and I shall.

So that's the story. That's probably the number one cause of me not posting, not sharing, not having inspiration to get out of bed in the mornings. I was a bad steward of what God had provided for me and I'm ashamed to admit it. I look forward to a day when maturity and responsibility are simply second nature...a day when my family, friends, and possessions can be proud of me without fear of being let down, forgotten about, or unlocked.

6 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger R said...

You live in DC. Give yourself a break.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger jmw said...

Good to see you posting again.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bro don't be so hard on your self--it was truly an accident you are human.
much love,
jba

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger jmw said...

Keep these posts coming.

Joel

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a perfect world you would not need to lock your car to protect your possessions. Unfortunately we don't, but then again, we are human and not perfect either, so learn from the experience but don't beat yourself up over it.

I had my car broken into once. What a mess. Glass all over, it rained so everything was wet, things stolen... The hassle of having to get everything repaired, replaced... it is a pain. I would rather they'd have done no harm to the car and taken what they did. If they want it bad enough, they will manage to get it. Glad you weren't hurt.

PS: cameras and cars don't have feelings, so don't forget the guilt. ;) as for the stewardship, I think God knows your heart. :)

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, do forget the guilt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home