Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm Tired

Yeah that's right,

I'm tired all the time.
It doesn't matter how much rest I get, I cannot satiate my exhaustion.

For a while I thought I was depressed. Now I'm not so sure.
I'm not sad, nor am I upset. I have a pretty good life.

I thought it might be boredom, which is still a good possibility, but I have things to do all the time. (I just don't want to do them)

My friend Keith suggested that I take a break. With work, school, church, and socializing I'm a busy guy. My brain has to work all the time whether in conversation or in study mode. It's constantly working even when I don't want it to.

This last possibility may be the right one. I'm overloaded!
Am I the only one....and since I'm not how does everyone else deal with it?

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all dealing with it, some more than others. I've been taking caffeine pills for years to get through the day. I think the only real answer is discipline, get to bed earlier, don't try to do everything. And I'm saying this to myself.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We live a world with too many opportunities, too much muli-tasking, too many things to do after the sun sets. Time to declutter our lives of excess busyness and unneeded activity and possessions. That's my advice. Hard to do initially, but once you start it gets easier and easier. So much time available to be still and wait when you aren't as busy.

Plus, studies show that the hours of sleep you get before midnight equal two hours of rest compared to the one for one hour of rest after midnight. Want more restfulness? Go to bed earlier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home