Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Arrowhead

Shhhh...
Be still...

It's bending and breaking and crying for attention.

Imagine that in the palm of your hand you are holding a compass.
You look down and notice that it is methodically completing circles with emphasis at the points directly away and directly to you. It momentarily sticks on you and then the point 180 degrees opposite of you. In and out and in and out. 1 and 2 and 1 and 2. Me then you then me.

Now watch the point of the compass' arrow. Pretend it draws a line as it makes its revolutions. What do you see?

The Circle.

Self discovery and life are often like this for me.
Every point along the circle represents another experience, another lesson, another relationship to learn from. They all have their place. They are all interconnected.


If I may, I'll go further creating another illustration and identify the 0 degree point as myself and the 180 degree point as God. He is Holy and I am not. We are in many ways on the opposite of the circle from each other. If I look closer though, there is a straight line, a narrow road if you will, between He and I. A relationship exists.
To add to this illustration, my outlook or focus on life is represented in the arrow. It is being pulled in multiple directions with the most prevalent being at 180 and 0 degrees. In and out...Him and Me. I think about Him ...how does that apply to me. I'm in need...what direction do I look.

It may sound as if this is a monotonous cycle without a compelling argument to become a part of. I think, however, that if one looks at it from the standpoint of someone lost in the forest of life looking for direction, there is simple application. There is direction, there is hope. There may not be a straight line out as a tree or a rock impedes our path, but sometimes we can climb to the top of these things and find that we gain new perspective of our location and what lies ahead. Not all obstacles are bad.

Hmmm, what's more profound is that He knows this and is part of it all. The path, the rock, the tree, the compass...He has made it all and He uses them to draw us closer. He pulls us. We resist sometimes, but He pulls us again.

Look forward to the time when our compass arrow is stuck at 180 and all hearts, souls, and minds are as well.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home