Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Answer to Fatigue

I've taken a break.
I'm pulling back.

No school, no groups, no appointments (unless it's the dentist), no committments, no responsibility (other than God given ones).

It's been a week of this and it's been great.

How's school Paul?
Great, I stopped taking classes:)
Huh?
Yeah I'm taking break.
Good for you.



See, affirmation.


I feel free to say no to outings as well.

Paul, let's go out to eat with the guys...you can pay.
No thanks.


Ahhhhh....it feels so good.




I read a recent article that said if you take a vacation and dread going back to work (more like have suicidal thoughts at the prospect) then you should think about moving on or applying for another position. If you take the vacation and you feel recharged then you are good to go.
That's what I'm doing... taking a little vacation. Six credit hours of school, 40 + hrs a week of work, church, and trying to have something that resembles a social life is taxing. I needed a change.

So here I am. Reading the books I want, hanging out when I want, and actually enjoying life.

I hope everyone gets a chance to feel like I do right now.

This is what I did this past weekend to help.



3 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger R said...

"Good for you."

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Gatsby24 said...

Thank you. I need this. I feel like I can breathe a little better.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to the days when I can do this. I have some days already that I have some down time and I get to choose what I do for fun or nothing!!

Since I have four kids left in the home that we home educate (our oldest graduated and is getting married in June)we are pretty busy, but I am getting better and better at saying "no" to anything that we do not find to be beneficial to our family as a whole. How freeing.

Glad you are taking time to breathe!! This also allows God room to work in your life and not have His voice get lost in the din of the busyness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home